Two of the smartest people in my family adore Harry Potter, so I finally decided that I ought to find out what it is all about. Lyndsey was having a Harry Potter party on the 26th of July and I wanted to have read the books by them. So I did.
Started the Sorcerer's Stone (in Britain, Philosopher's Stone) on June 27th.
I finished the Sorcerer's Stone and started Chamber of Secrets on June 28th.
Number three, The Prisoner of Azkaban, was started on June 30th.
I was ready for #4, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire on July 2nd.
I finished #4 and started #5, Order of the Phoenix on July 8th.
Number five was my least favorite.
I finished Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince on July 17th.
I was ready for the last book, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows on July 19th.
They are much longer now and darker.
On July 25th I finished #7, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, just in time for Lyndsey's party.
This was quite the experience and I must admit I liked these books far better than I ever thought I would. I am now a Harry Potter fan. I was surprised that such a hero as Harry was also flawed. That is probably good because aren't we all a bit flawed. Nice to know you can still accomplish amazing things without being perfect.
I owned none of these books so I borrowed some from Kari, some from Julie and some from the library. For my birthday on August 6th, Kari bought me the whole set. Awesome!








No comments:
Post a Comment