Monday, October 4, 2010

Peaches and More Peaches

I can't help but add these pictures of bottling peaches. There is something very soul-satisfying in bottling fruit. I was so tired when I finished all of this, but it was a good tired and I think bottled fruit is beautiful. 
These Early Albertas came from the Farmer's Market in Bountiful and were grown by Wilson Fruit in Roy. They were so big and beautiful and sweet. Lovely.  
I love the way the fruit looks in the bottles.
So good to see so many of the finished bottles!
Then when I thought I was finished, I had a few peaches left over so on the 28th I made freezer jam and couldn't believe how much jam those few peaches made. Nummy.

3 comments:

Julie said...

Wow, wow, wow!!!! What an awesome peach fest you had at your house. I can only imagine the hours and work to bottle peaches as I've never done that--pathetic really. I WANT to do that though, so maybe I'll squeeze that in sometime. I LOVE how they look on the counter.

Melissa said...

GRAMS!! Why oh WHY didn't I receive a phone call??? I would have LOVED to have done this with you. Next year lady we MUST do this together. I've never canned peaches you know, and I have a peach tree in my back yard. I only get a few, but hey, to say "these are from my tree", that would be a proud moment for me. :)

Cherie said...

Thanks for doing my peaches too. We love them.