Monday, October 4, 2010

Mr. Wilson and Dennis the Menace

As depressing as it may be, we found that we needed a new roof. Leaks in the living room, leaks in the kitchen, ceilings being ruined in various places in the house. For what it cost to put on this new roof, we could have gone to PARIS and LONDON. Oh woe is me. 


But along with the new roof came the wonder of a really big truck and a huge dumpster, all of which fascinated Louie, our adorable four-year-old neighbor who loves to "help" Mr. Cable. He thought the trucks were amazing and when they left, he felt he had an obligation to sweep up the gravel that was left. Louie always wants to help Mr. Cable with anything he is doing outside, especially if it involves tools. Our neighbors call them Mr. Wilson and Dennis the Menace.   
"I can do that. I can do that."


3 comments:

Julie said...

I love this!! What a cute 4-year old. I'm sure Dad LOVES the help!!

Melissa said...

so as you can tell I just found your blog. I remember you mentioning it a while ago, but for some reason I have never been here till now! I love it. LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT. And that little boy?? So cute. That is the greatest thing I've ever seen.

Cherie said...

Oh my gosh! I find it very funny that dad has all of this help as he would never let us help with the yard work because we might mess something up. Can you say karma?