Monday, January 31, 2011

Welcome Home Dick & Carole

We were so happy to welcome my brother and his wife, Dick & Carole, home from their CES mission in Salzburg, Austria. It was great that they came up here to spend a few days with Mom. We had a little pizza party at our home on Friday, the 28th, to be able to spend some time with them.

Julie made adorable cupcakes, and Cherie prepared a wonderful veggie tray 
and we ordered Domino's pizza, plenty for all and easy for me. Thanks,Tom, for the suggestion.


I was so glad that at least two of our daughters were able to get better acquainted
with Dick and Carole.  They have great strength and deep-down goodness.
You may wonder whether I am referring to Dick & Carole or Julie and Cherie.
It applies to all of them. What a blessing.


We were so glad Mom felt well enough to come. 
She is finally over her walking pneumonia.




I wonder who is always the star.


Then Saturday, Mom treated Dick, Carole, Shawna, Jack, Tiffany, Josh, Wayne and me to
a wonderful dinner at the Mandarin.

Sunday the 30th, we gathered at Mom's for more family bonding.



5 comments:

Melissa said...

I'm so glad Ellie and I could be there Friday night. It was such a fun night!!

Julie said...

I so love Dick and Carole! It was great to see them Friday night, and I really wish we lived closer to each other so I could spend more time with them. I was especially sad not to be able to be at Grandma's Sunday, but I had to be at a YW/YM Fireside that night. The cool thing about that, was the President Eyring showed up unexpectedly! What an awesome experience.

Ashlee said...

I love being a Mangum!!! I love you guys! Enough said....

Kim said...

How fun. Wish I were there.

Anonymous said...

Hello,

My name is joy Woodin. My parents just got their mission call to serve in the same mission that you just returned from, they are called to serve in the young adult center. They are excited and would like some information about the young adults and the mission. Their email is daunjan@hotmail.com.