We have been home from our mission one year today.
We decided to go to BYU to see the
Carl Heinrich Bloch Exhibit.
I was given the book, The Master's Hand. The Art of Carl Heinrich Bloch, as a Christmas present and after reading it I have had such a strong desire to visit the exhibit. We are all so familiar with the paintings by Bloch, but there is nothing like seeing an original work of art.
It was wonderful and as an added bonus there were three other exhibits: Dorothea Lange photography of three southern Utah towns (Gunlock, Toquerville, and St. George) in the 1950's; War Poster Illustra-tions; and an amazing collection of Southwest art by the likes of Maynard Dixon, LaConte Stewart, Mahonri Young, and others.
We went to the Bookstore and ate lunch at the Cougareat Food Court.
A low key, but very enjoyable day.
A low key, but very enjoyable day.



2 comments:
This is exactly why I think retirement will be WONDERFUL--sounds like an awesome day!! And that donut looks delectable.
That sounds like sooo much fun. And that donut? Oh. my. I think I might need to stop and get me one of them next time I head down to my dads. Mmm MM MMM!
Post a Comment