Saturday, September 18, 2010

Julie Had a Birthday

I know this post is very late, but I believe what they say about "late" and "never". I just wanted to note that we enjoyed our family gathering at Melissa and Jeff's home in celebration of Julie's birthday.  Everyone loves Julie and any time we can be with her is a pleasure.  Melissa & Jeff were great hosts.  




Isn't she beautiful. She adores her grandchild, though she doesn't much look like a grandmother. Everyone dotes on this sweet baby. 




These three girls, Julie's daughters, are adored by their grandmother - that would be me. Lauren, Emily and Melissa all have such great potential and abilities. And they are so much fun to be around. 




Caught in the act. Julie said it is a grandmother's privilege to spoil her grandchild, so she fed Ellie chocolate birthday cake.  Oh my, oh my!  Ellie luved it for sure.


It is especially nice to have Cherie looking so good with her curly new hair after all the chemo, radiation and surgeries.  I think she is truly on the mend and will just get better and better from this time on.  She is a trooper. And a beauty. 

1 comment:

Julie said...

Thanks Mom! I love the picture of Cherie. She's looking pretty svelte with her short, curly hair--I like it!! The b-day party was awesome, because so many of those I love were there