What can you say about the day you lose your daughter. I know it is not an eternal loss, but the hole that is left with us now is so very deep.
Each day we watched Cherie become weaker and weaker. Last night I prayed that she would be taken home to our Father in Heaven today. When we knew that her quality of life was gone, the most merciful thing for her and her family was for her to be released. Now she was sleeping almost all of the time. The powerful drugs kept her from feeling pain or anything else. We knew the time was close and I did not want her to die tomorrow, on Kari's birthday.
Vickie, the hospice nurse from Intermountain Home Care, was like an angel among us. She helped us understand what was happening, what to expect, and the best way for us to be supportive and express our love for Cherie and her family.
Cherie passed away at about noon on Thursday, the 28th of February 2013.
She did not want to leave her family and fought to the end.
Now she too is an angel among us.
After Cherie's passing, Kari came into the kitchen to talk to his children and to all of us. The things he said were just right. He took the long view and talked about the eternal nature of our relationships and the family.
I like what Julie wrote about that experience: "I went back down to the kitchen where Kari talked to his kids. It was great and helped. One thing that stuck with me was when he said that because they had just experienced the most exquisite pain, they would also experience the most exquisite joy in the future. I liked that thought and believe it's true. Something else that helps so much is knowing that all that is unfair will be made right through the atonement. How grateful I am to know that my brother Jesus made it possible for wrongs to be made right!! I treasure so much the gift of faith that I have been given. It helps me keep life in perspective and my eye on the eternal goals."



No comments:
Post a Comment