Wednesday, January 16, 2013

A Real Scare

January 2013

I think one of the reasons I quit recording our happenings was that it brought a heaviness to my heart.  But I still think it is important to remember all the good that comes from some of our greatest trials.


Cherie and Jazzmin on the 15th of January.
The beautiful patchwork quilt was made by her Principal at Oakhills Elementary, Julie Larsen.
Jazzy always seemed to know when Cherie especially needed her for comfort. 

On Saturday, January 5th Cherie was taken to the hospital by ambulance when Kari woke up in the middle of the night and felt there was something terribly wrong.  He could not wake Cherie so he called an ambulance.  She was taken to Intermountain Medical Center where she was treated for a drug overdose which was a result of the medications prescribed for her building up in her body more than expected.  She had to stay at IHC until Tuesday, the 8th, until they finally had her meds regulated and let her go home. This experience was especially frightening.  We were all so glad to have her back home.

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

Beautiful picture. Beautiful quilt. Beautiful dog. And a most beautiful woman!

Julie said...

It really is hard to document this kind of challenge. Pretty sure it contributed to my reluctance to blog as well. Onward and upward though, right? I sure miss her.

Ciera said...

Love this woman. Miss her terribly.