Sunday, August 5, 2012

Little Historical Treasures

Shawna found these photos at Mom's. They came from Grandma Hazel Turner's trunk.

This is the house where the first child was born in Lyman, Utah. 
This was Grandma Theda Jane Buchanan Oldroyd's home.


This is a picture of Great-grandpa Archie and Great-grandma Theda Jane Oldroyd's home in Lyman.
Grandma Hazel May Oldroyd is on the horse, far right. 
When the Indians came begging, Grandpa Oldroyd would always feed and care for them. 


These are three of Grandma Oldroyd's daughters and Grandma Turner's younger sisters,
Lucille, Janice and LaVell Oldroyd.


Also in the trunk were these two photos of me. The top one was taken when I was one year old. Notice the cross necklace. It had a ruby in the center. Mom always had me wear a little gold ring which she tied on with a pink ribbon around my wrist. 

The bottom one was taken when I was two years old and it was published in the Ogden newspaper showing me as one of the dependents of those serving in the armed forces.  


3 comments:

Julie said...

These are AWESOME!!! I love them all. What a cute little girl you were! Did other members of the church wear crosses back then??

Shawna said...

Great pictures, you made them look so good.

Ciera said...

These are amazing! I love the pictures of you. Such an adorable little girl you were!