Monday, March 12, 2012

Church-Service Missionary Joy & Blessings

I have had the privilege of working with the production and film crews from the Church in preparing a video about young Church-service missionaries (YCSMs). We heard about Elder Wyatt who was serving in the Utah Ogden Mission Office as a CSM even though he had muscular dystrophy.  The story is miraculous to me.  I feel so privileged to have been able to interview him and be a part of the production of this video.  He has a testimony full of faith and happiness.  His absolute and complete love of the Savior and dependance on the atonement is touching.  Elder Sterling Wyatt told us how much he loved teaching the gospel and I am sure he was effective because he taught with the Spirit.  He has been a great inspiration to far more people than he will ever know. 


Elder Wyatt has now been released and his next younger brother, who also has muscular dystrophy, is now serving in the Utah Ogden Mission Office, again with the help of his grandparents.  Elder Wyatt has enrolled at Utah State University and looks to the future with optimism.

1 comment:

Renée said...

I'm astounded at all you do. Thank you for heading up our training last week and keeping us on schedule. I know that is a challenge and you get an A+!

Thanks too for sharing your part in this production. It is amazing and others need to see it. I'm pinning it for all to see!!!!