If you have access to Julie's Blog, look there. Her pictures are so much better.
We had a great time together, the weather was perfect, and there couldn't be
a prettier place to watch fireworks and to watch people.
We loved having the Dearden's here on Sunday. I was substituting as the teacher of the Gospel Doctrine class so I asked President Dearden ahead of time and Melissa spur of the moment to take five minutes each to express their feelings about the atonement. It could not have been better. Them with Emily Leger made the lesson memorable, especially for me. It is always stressful for me to have people over for dinner because I never know what to prepare, but we had a most delightful time together.
Three days later we were at a BBQ at President and Sister Moffit's to honor the Deardens and allow the missionaries who had worked with them to gather again. It was so fun to see everyone. Elder Bearnson, who is dear to our hearts, was there with his beautiful wife and adorable baby. His Mom even dropped by for a little while. It is always great to see Sisters Russell and Stillman and a joy to see Sister McGarvey, now Blair Spence, but the greatest surprise of all was to see Elder Wark. Aaron Wark straight from Scotland and such a delightful person. I had such a good time.



2 comments:
Fun!! You dinner looked delicious, and I'm certain they all had a great time. Nice!!
It sure was fun to be with y'all over the 4th! And your people look like very nice people. :) Glad you were able to meet up with them again!
Post a Comment