Monday, May 14, 2018

Dorene Parker







Steven's mother, Dorene Lovie Eliza Moesser Parker, died on May 5th and we attended her funeral on May 14th.  She was an amazing woman of great faith and strength. She had 10 incredible children, did hard physical labor on the farm, and taught elementary school with love and delight.  She worked hard all her life and spent her leisure time making exquisite quilts. I can see much of her in Steven. Her funeral was enlightening.  I especially loved the violin solo by Lyndsey and the time we had with Kim and Steven's family.












No matter how difficult her life became (she suffered with cancer for many, many years) when asked how she was doing, she always replied, "I'm fine."  She was beautiful to the end.




Lyndsey played "Abide With Me" accompanied by one of her favorite Parker cousins, Katie Buchanan, at the funeral which was held in West Haven, Utah. I was so pleased to hear her.

The photo below was taken of Austin and Jacob as they were listening to Lyndsey practice.  I was so happy that Francesco came to the funeral, but I wondered what he thought of this quintessentially Mormon funeral.


I stole the following photos from Instagram as we did not attend the burial in Wellsville.


Hayley


Lyndsey (with Jordan jacket on) and Jordan


Lyndsey

Her family honored her with dignity, love and respect. She will be deeply missed by all of them.

No comments: