Saturday, April 30, 2011

Spring on Temple Square & the Plaza

We wondered if spring would ever come this year, but it did, 
in fits and starts, 
between snow storms. 
But when it was here, it was spectacular.




It is so rewarding to be serving as a Church-service Missionary (CSM) in the Church Office Building. When I started on January 24th, I thought I would have a routine, no-responsibility clerical job two days a week. It did become boring by the end of February, too routine, but I didn't say anything. On  March 7th Elder Parry and Joel moved me to be the CSM Communications and Training Coordinator and asked me to work three days a week so I am there Monday, Wednesday and Friday. It is much more interesting work, but also very demanding and beyond my expertise. I hope I can learn to do all they want me to do and to do it well. It is wonderful to be a CSM. It gives me purpose and direction; it challenges me; it provides an avenue for meaningful service, and it brings me many spiritual experiences, often in unexpected ways.  I certainly recognize the hand of the Lord in my life as I do this work. 



6 comments:

Kim said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!!

marcella said...

Gorgeous!!!

Becky said...

Beautiful! It reminds me that I have a lot of flower planting to do this week before Evan's farewell. My yard won't look like this though. Obviously.

Melissa said...

Wow so beautiful Grandma!! Someday I'll be as cool as you....someday...

Claudine Cable said...

Melissa, you have soooo surpassed me, and in so many areas.

Julie said...

How incredibly gorgeous, Mom!!!