Saturday, March 19, 2011

L.E.G.E.N.D.!!!


Our dear granddaughter,
Emily Dawn Bailey,
performed her Senior Recital at 
Utah State University on March 17th
and it was amazing, to say the least.

She had family and friends come from St. George, Provo, Brigham City, Salt Lake and, of course, Bountiful. Her piano instructors and professors came as well as some of the young students she teaches.  Everyone loved her performance and it was such a privilege to be there.


Tom & Julie brought flowers as did many others. She is indeed loved.



Julie is one Mom who deserves so much credit for such a wonderful  milestone. She spent countless hours taking Emily to piano lessons, sitting through those lessons so she could learn to help Emily and then more time helping Emily learn, to say nothing of the financial sacrifices she so willing made. 


Emily had a passion for piano from the time she was five years old. No one had to tell her to practice. In fact she was upset when she was unable to practice as much as she wanted. The music in Emily came from deep inside her and was a solace to her in times of stress. She practiced every morning at 5:00 for many, many years. No one had to tell her to, she just loved the piano.


I was excited that Chantel was able to come with Chase, Ciera, Zack and Tanner. It was good to see them even if it was for only a short time. 


What a great family! They are so much fun and they make me happy.


I am so glad I have been able to live by these girls. That Julie moved to Bountiful when Lauren was a baby has been a blessing in my life. I don't think grandchildren truly understand how much grandmothers love them. They are wonderful. 



But somehow I think Emily was happiest that Paul was there. In fact on the program, under the last piece, she had printed, "Piece dedicated to Paul Reinhardt". He didn't know she had done that until he arrived at the concert hall. He said, "It almost made me cry." 


Our beautiful, radiant Emily.
We are so proud of you.



Here is her program:


Prelude and Fugue in D Minor by J.S. Bach
from the Well-Tempered Klavier, Bk. I


Piano Sonata in A Major, K. 331 by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
I. Andante grazioso
II. Menuetto
III. Alla Turca: Allegretto


Seven, Op. 30 by Robert Muczynski
I. Allegro giocoso
II. Allegro moderato III
III. Andante espressivo


First Arabesque by Claude Debussy


Nocturne in C Minor, Op. 48. 48 No. 1 by Frederic Chopin

4 comments:

Tiffany said...

Oh I so wanted to be there! I just didn't know how to make that work in my current season of life! Thank you so much for sharing!

marcella said...

She is incredible. What taleted young ladies your granddaughters are. Much love, Marcy

Shawna said...

It looks like it was a great night. Emily is just beautiful.

brooksity said...

I bet she did awesome, wish we were closer and could have come! Thanks for the get well card for Mark, too!